Need someone to step in as an interim or fractional executive to drive improvements in marketing or talent acquisition? A typical assignment lasts 3-9 months and can be used to fill a critical gap while you look for a suitable replacement.
My ideal client profile for this service is a small to mid-market organization and with concentrated ownership. My cross-functional capabilities run across Strategy and Operations, Marketing and Sales, Customer and Candidate Experience, Talent Acquisition and Performance.
Click the button below to start a confidential conversation with me.
A Prior Engagement:
I was asked by a repeat client – a professional services firm with $30M in sales – to tackle multiple issues related to business structure, branding, marketing to sales conversions, content marketing and more. They engaged me to serve 3-days-per-week in an Interim CMO capacity to complete the following four (4) objectives:
- Provide strategic/advisory assistance for the expansion of a two-division corporate structure; To support the expansion of the corporate brand.
- Design and implement content marketing and social strategies; To create related blogging playbook / how-to documentation for future use.
- Provide consulting support and show real improvements related to website and organic search; To set up new lead generation approach and Call to Actions (CTAs) for better engagement and improved “marketing to sales” lead activity.
- Provide internal talent acquisition support to help team members build candidate pipelines and support current hiring efforts.
Continue reading about this engagement.
Another Prior Engagement:
I was asked to help reboot a professional services firm with $4M firm and provide hands-on leadership guidance and assistance across marketing, operations, sales and recruiting. While engaged as Interim CMO/COO, I helped the owner turnaround (what was projected to be) a bad year – and while engaged we reached just over $6M in top-line revenues.
The initial three month effort was extended an additional three months, then extended for another six months, and then extended again for a third time (for yet another six months), resulting in a full engagement term that ran a total of 18 months. During our time together we made dozens of other notable improvements to the firm, including:
- to put a stronger vision and better strategy in place.
- to hire new talent and put successful, stable and accountable sales and recruiting teams in place.
- to drive operational excellence into the organization with better processes, tighter feedback systems and role accountability.
- to lead and implement all marketing and rebranding initiatives, including: upgraded website, social media, content management platform, content marketing and lead generation platforms.
- to lead and implement new and compelling employer and consumer brands and deliver all new consumer-facing and candidate-facing brand messaging and content.
- to build up a social presence – and social media programming engine – across Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google Plus.
- to help the firm gain Inc 5000 and Future 50 award status.
Yet Another Prior Engagement
The owners of a leading technology firm engaged me to launch a brand new talent acquisition function so they could expand past their initial wave of employees. I worked with them to establish a strong employer brand and compelling value proposition, launch an attractive career site, and build out all content and messaging related to the effort.
In addition, we set up a brand new approach to identifying, screening, interviewing, and assessing candidates based on fit across values, culture, performance and skills/performance required to succeed in each role. We also implemented a whole new recruiting program, complete with all new interview processes and scorecards and all the necessary recruiting technologies, stages and workflows, and recruitment/hiring templates and document kits to improve their ability to attract, identify, engage, hire, and onboard the right people.
Their new talent acquisition / recruiting program was up and running within a few weeks, allowing them to quickly begin to recruit candidates and hire new team members. After everything was set up, I jumped in to help source/recruit candidates and hire/onboard new employees.
Click here to see some of the consulting projects I’ve worked on.